Skincare Products works best when you understand your skin and skin-type.
Skin is the largest organ and outer covering of the human body.
Skincare is one of the healthiest habits we should adopt in our daily life. Caring for our skin is important for a healthier appearance & illness prevention. It is true that ” Skincare is essential, makeup is a choice” as your skin is 90% of your selfie 😉
Proper skincare helps to keep our outermost surface layer of skin intact. This layer maintains the skin’s overall hydration and serves as our primary defense against the environment, so keeping it strong and healthy is critical. Develop a daily skincare routine that cleanses, moisturizes, and protects your skin. Good skincare is essential to graceful aging. It slows down the harmful effects of the environment as well.
Before good skincare can be attempted, it is important to know your skin type.
There are 5 basic types of skin, namely-
So, what’s your skin type?!!!…
- Well-balanced skin
- Fewer visible pores
- No pores
- Dull, rough complexion
- Blemish, spots, lines visible
- Cracks, peel, or become itchy, irritated, or inflamed.
- Flaky-scaly on the backs of your hands, arms, and legs if it’s very dry.
Oily Skin Type
- Extremely large pores
- Shiny, greasy
- Prone for Acne, blackheads, whiteheads or other blemishes
- Mix of other skin types
Skincare Products are like nourishment for our skin.
There are a variety of products available in the market, we should choose products based on our skin type. we should develop good skin habits & a routine to use products at the right time of our day.
Skincare Products are: –
Cleansing: Cleansing is essential to remove dirt and dead cells.
Skincare, starts with the cleansing process, take lukewarm water & wash your face with a gentle cleanser, designed for your skin type.
Special liquid cleaners are recommended over using traditional bar soap.
You can contact us & discuss the best cleaner for your skin type.
|Skin type||Cleanser type||Benefits|
|Normal||water-based||removes dirt & clogs|
|Oily/Acne||foaming cleanser||remove sebum from pores|
|Sensitive||Soap-free, pH-balanced cleanser (better to consult a dermatologist before starting any product)|
|Combination||depends on how your skin is… normal to dry, normal to oily or other|
B. Proper steps to apply cleanser are: –
- splash lukewarm water on your face
- take cleanser on your palm
- add little water to it
- apply on face & cleanse softly
- wash well, remove oil or dirt
- gently pat your face to dry
C. Time to use:- Incorporate cleanser in your day-time and night-time routine. You may use a cleanser in the evening time as well.
- Day-Time-Routine: Mornings are for sun-exposers, pollution, dust, and other elements, even if you are at your home. always start a day with proper cleansing.
- Night-Time-Routine: After an exhausting day for you & your skin, it is vital to cleanse your face to remove dirt, pollution, oil, make-up. After removing make-up with makeup remover cleanse your skin well.
Used to remove dead skin cells. It is very important to remove loose skin-cells, to open pores & to prevent acne. It should not be used daily for skincare.
- Dry & sensitive skin should avoid exfoliator.
- Oily skin type can take benefits of exfoliator to remove oil & as they work to open the pores, enabling their contents to discharge on the surface to prevent acne and inflammation.
- A combination skin should use a soft exfoliator.
- Used after cleansing, both in morning & night.
- Used to balance skin pH, appropriate toner according to skin type must be used.
- Good quality toners also contain vitamin B, vitamin E, Vitamin C derivatives & antioxidants to maintain good skin.
- Very essential skincare product, it protects you from UV-radiations. It should be used in every season. In winters, sunscreens can be mixed with moisturizers, in warm weather, it protects the skin from damage. It should be used in cloudy weather as well. Always, consult a doctor to choose for your skin-type as many sunscreens available in the market are thick in consistency & can cause clogs.
- SPF 30 or more usually provides good sun protection for Indian skin. It should be applied even if you are at home. People who have sensitive skin should use physical sunscreen for effective skincare.
- As the name suggests it’s used to hydrate and nourish the skin.
- It best works for dry skin. Individuals with dry skin can use it many times when required as a skincare product.
- Many mild moisturizers are available for oily skin type as well.
- It should be used both in the morning & night.
- Apply it on the face, neck to toe to moisturize your skin.
- Apply after every handwash to soften your hands
|Oily skin||Use gel-based moisturizer|
|Normal / Combination skin||Lotion moisturizer|
|Dry Skin||Cream-based moisturizer|
|Sensitive Skin||as prescribed|
Eye-cream / Under-eye creams:
- These are specific skincare products for problems like dark circles, puffiness, and wrinkles.
- They are thick in consistency
- It contains caffeine, glycerine, antioxidants, vitamin E, retinol, kojic acid, lactic acid, haloxyl, matrixyl.
- It can be used in the morning & in the night as per prescribed by your dermatologist
- This is very specific products. Individuals should use dermatologists prescribed products for their respective treatments like dark spots, hyper-pigmentation, acne, anti-aging, rejuvenating, skin-tightening, fine-lines, inflammations others as per required skincare use.
- Consult your dermatologist before it gets worse.
- Contact us for an appointment.
Concentrated skincare product that contains antioxidants.
- It hydrates dry-skins.
- Stimulates collagen production and helps to delay aging.
The best time to use it after cleansing at night can be mixed with night creams & used before bed.
Many types of facemask are available in the market as a skincare product.
- They are an excellent way to pull out impurities from your skin.
- Special face-mask is also available for party-glow facial skin.
- Used for hydrating skin.
- Used for oily skins
- Refreshing masks are also available.
- Fruit masks are also there.
- Homemade organic mask prepared from aloe vera, coconut oil, neem, banana, milk, curd, and many more can be used according to your skin type and for skincare.
- It can be used anytime.
Skincare creams to retain the water of your skin, repairing damaged skin, rejuvenating skin, and delaying signs of aging. It forms an essential part of skincare.
- Special purpose cream to be used in the night
- It should be different from the morning application.
- Protective coating to prevent water evaporation from your skin during night sleep.
- Thicker to stay long for hours.
- It does a work of healing & soothing skincare products.
- Retinol based night creams have an anti-aging effect.
- Vitamin C, kojic acid, glycolic acid, arbutin based creams may help in rejuvenating and removing blemishes
- Hyaluronic acid-based cream helps in repairing damaged skin.
- An essential part of skincare.
Good skincare requires a lot of effort. Avoiding exposure to the sun is ideal to prevent the harmful effects of radiation. The application of sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30 is helpful as well. Smoking should be avoided. A healthy diet that is anti-oxidant rich is beneficial in improving the elasticity of the skin. Drinking water is an essential part of healthy skin habits. Water helps the body function better. It also cleans the pores from the inside. It re-hydrates the skin, which helps the skin stay moist. Keeping good habits in addition to good skincare will help the skin age gracefully and beautifully.